Bart and I left Arkansas on Thursday the 6th and arrived in sunny Phoenix on the 7th. We stopped in Albuquerque and spent the night. All in all it took us about 20 hours to drive. I even drove 4 hours the first day! It wasn't all that bad. I only crossed over into the median a couple of times. The drive was beautiful and sunny the whole way. We took a detour on Friday and drove through the Petrified Forest. It was so neat! For those of you who have never seen it before, you should check out the website. http://www.nps.gov/pefo/Check out some of the picture's I took on the trip. I look forward to seeing what all AZ has in store for me!

We made it!

Here is Bart explaining the forest. He was acting like a geologist the entire ride.

If you look closely you can see some of the Petroglyphs on the rocks.

Having fun on Route 66.
The ol' Uhaul.
4 comments:
Great pictures of your trip on your way to Arizona.
Maybe you're the geologist! Using words like "Petroglyphs." ...made me search it on a Wiki and feel like a dumbass... Geez. I guess they teach you kids more than they did me when I went to school.
I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at all the great pictures. I will keep checking back!
Raven, your blog is good. I bookmarked it and will look forward to updates.
Post a Comment